The Covid-19 pandemic has shown that the use of new technologies takes a preponderant place for corporates in order to ensure greater proximity with customers and safeguard continuity of activities and services. At MCB, we are now resolutely committed to offering innovative digital products and services to our customers.
At MCB we believe that the execution of an ambitious roadmap of initiatives that would cater for the full-fledged execution of its Digital Transformation Programme (DTP), with the objective to deliver a world-class customer experience through digitalisation. In 2018, we engaged in building human and technological capabilities and the Group gave a boost to its DTP by setting up the Digital Factory, anchored on a culture of start-up, while favouring a co-creation paradigm and fully engaging the employees of the organisation. The Digital Factory enables the delivery of end-to-end customer journeys as well as incubates a new ‘Agile’ way of working.
The Digital Factory embraces dedicated cross-functional and co-located ‘Agile’ squads of 10-12 people working closely together and emanating from various segments of the Bank. With more than 130 employees, this dedicated unit of the bank has access to the necessary skills, cutting-edge technologies & tools to ideate on a product and deliver that finished product to the market. The Digital Factory has already completed various initiatives with a view of helping the customers (Corporates, SMEs & Individuals) of the bank to transact easily and efficiently.
Some of the latest developments are :
- SmartApprove app for Corporates to approve transactions faster and at their convenience.
- Hermes, a world-class loan application process for Corporate customers, which was also used during COVID-19 to process customers’ requests online.
- The JuicePro app, geared at SME’s, launched in July 2020, allows local Payments & Transfers, viewing of accounts as well as last transactions & loan details. The application has registered more than 1,000 subscribers in less than 1 month.
- The SME Account Opening Journey, provides an enhanced customer experience for the opening of business accounts, by automating various tasks in the value chain. This has allowed for reduction in processing time, resulting in faster service to customers (3 days v/s 15 days on average previously).
MCB Group has been focusing for several years on offering high end digital products and services to its corporate customers in Mauritius and internationally with the help of its advisory subsidiaries; namely
- MCB Consulting Services Ltd (MCBC) established with the stated objectives of providing a wide array of solutions to financial services providers in different markets. With its very agile and multicultural team, MCBC has expertise that has led to signing strategic partnerships with major international solution providers such as Temenos, Gieom, Actico, Dynamis Solutions, IMS, EY and Azur Digital. Over the past 6 years, MCBC has already undertaken and completed 500+ assignments, all articulated around Strategy, Information Technology, Process and People in 37 countries over 5 different continents.
- International Cards Processing Services (ICPS), a joint venture between MCB Group and the Moroccan Hightech Payment Systems Ltd, is another testimony of the Group’s expertise in the field of digital offerings to businesses. A leading payment technology company serving more than 400 institutions in more than 90 countries, ICPS provides solutions that facilitate financial inclusion as well as turnkey solutions, transcending all the payment value chain. These include but are not limited to Issuing, Acquiring, Processing, Gateway, 3DS2, MPI, Back office operations, Security, Consultancy and e-learning. With a blend of Payment, Business, and Technical specialists having over 30 years’ experience, ICPS positions itself as a hub for payment schemes as well as gateway payment processing in Africa.